Newborn lifestyle sessions happen in the comfort of your home usually around 10am. The focus is on your family in your everyday routine and capturing all the special details. Parents and siblings (pets too!) are included in these photographs. These sessions last 2-3 hours and we will take plenty of breaks for diaper changes and feedings so don't worry if you find yourself with an alert baby! They fall asleep eventually!
Famous last words right?
- 45 minutes before our scheduled start time have your house be warm. Around 75 degrees (I know woof, hot! But this will allow baby to be comfortable naked!)
- Try to keep baby awake for a minimum of 1 hour prior to our session (if you are having a hard time keeping him/her awake a bath should do the trick!)
- In the 12 hours leading up to our session feed the baby as much as possible
- When I arrive, I will ask you to start feeding as I set up - and to keep feeding until he/she literally won't take anymore
- Dress baby in a swaddle the morning of our session with just a diaper. This way it will be easier to get some photos without waking him/her.
- If siblings are included prep them for the photo session but do not stress if they are not cooperative. They are toddlers after all! It's usually fairly easy to incorporate them candidly.